At Hyde Academy, we know that as challenging as this time is for our students, it can be equally daunting for parents. We are pleased to present monthly workshops on a range of topics (in Mandarin) for parents.
Topics such as the following are included:
- How can I help my child at home, even if I can’t communicate in English?
- How will my child change after he/she enters a western school environment? Will we still understand each other?
- What are the different school systems (IB, A-Levels, IGCSE)? How different are they? Will my child still be able to get in to university in America if he goes to a “British” school, and vice versa?
- How can I support my child to become an independent learner?
- Should I consider sending my child overseas? What are the benefits/drawbacks to boarding school?
In addition to workshops and discussions like these, Hyde Academy invites local and international speakers to introduce topics on schools, systems, and support for families who are in this transitional period.
All parents support programs (with the exception of language study) are completely free. We hope to make this transition as easy on you as possible!